Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Inspired

So Amanda, my sister, inspired me with her blog and the fact that she has actually kept up with it which is amazing to me. Long story short is that I decided if she could do it so could I; forget that she is a stay at home mom just pregnant with her first baby and I have four boys running circles around me. Well at least with four boys there should be no shortage of things to write about.

Another reason why it is a good time for me to start now is that there are so many changes in my life right now. We have just purchased a new to us home and moved from Hillsboro to Newberg, OR. So far we really love it here, we moved into a great ward and great school district. We have been trying to beat the clock getting things done around the house before winter. The house was in forclosure and is definately what you would call a fixer upper and so far we have been taking care of an overgrown yard, tearing out a broken down deck, painting the outside of the house, and more.

A little about us....

My name is Jennifer and I have enjoyed our move; while I miss our friends in Hillsboro I am excited about the new ones I am starting to make. I have also been busy trying to plan out a garden space which I am hoping to start in the spring, I have been wanting to do this for a few years now so I can hardly wait and I feel like a kid at Christmastime. The other thing I am working on is trying to make our home "green" I am looking into making my own laundry soap, as well as other products and I am just trying to have us eat more natural foods as well. Jonah, my husband, is busy doing whatever projects he can and working to try and pay for the house and everything that comes with it. M (8) is doing well in 3rd grade and has had a big year. So far he has been baptized, joined the chess club, and joined cub scouts. He also loves reading and anything science related. X (6) is in 1st grade and doing great with school he had a rough year in kindergarden so I was not expecting him to enjoy school this year but he has really blossomed. He is becoming a great reader as well as doing well with math and other subjects.  Big C (3) is busy and precocious as always. He has started to attend a co-op preschool that we have joined with some other families from church, it just started last week but seems like it will be great for him and we are looking forward to our pumpkin patch trip tomorrow. Little c (1) is my sweet baby boy, he is growing up fast, as babies do. Right now he is teething like crazy, I think he is working on 3 teeth at the moment.

That is us in a nutshell. Now comes the true test...to see if I can keep up with this blog!

1 comment: