Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

Well I feel like I should finally get around to writing again since it has been a few days, but I have been really busy and distracted between Halloween, the boys having no school Thursday & Friday last week, and just trying to get things done around the house.  We had a good weekend for the most part, we colored and did projects throughout the week and went to the ward trunk or treat (trick or treating tailgate style) party Saturday night.  Of course it was raining so the kids did trick or treat inside aftter all.  On Sunday they wanted to see Gummy and Gumpy so we ended up at their house and didnt hand out the candy we had purchased...that means I have a bunch of candy while I am trying to avoid eating it.  To be honest it is not really much of a temptation to me but I know the boys will consume it over time and I was really hoping to have them avoid eating too much candy this year.  Today Colton got his 15 month shots and I met my friend for lunch afterward at Costco.  It was nice to get together and get some shopping done although I really wish Costco carried some whole wheat flour and a larger selection of organic baking ingredients.  After we left Costco I stopped at the apple farm and they had a pretty good deal on apples since they close for the season at the end of the week.  That being said I have 50# of apples which I am going to can for pie filling and applesauce.  It wont translate to a lot but it will give me a good idea of how we would use it and give me a good starting point for next year.  Well thats all for now but here are some halloween pics...







BTW...Carson was sweet this year, he wore 3 costumes to different events/parties.  A construction worker (witch unfortunately are not on the computer yet), a fireman, and a puppy.  As you can see he also really wanted to be Batman but the costume is still a little big so he settled for a picture.  Xander on the other hand did not want a costume at all and chose pajamas.  Sweet, silly boys. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the pictures! The boys all look so good and cute! I really liked Colton's costume and I am so happy about his red hair! You can always try to find bulk organic wheat flour and other bulk organics online. Maybe some of the places won't cost too much in shipping!

    ReplyDelete